Do you think you’re one of those guys who think human memory isn’t as important nowadays as it was 50 years ago? Technological advancements have made our lives much easier. The surplus of portable and convenient tech gadgets lets us accomplish a lot more with a lot less. However, at the same time, we have forgotten to use our brain’s various faculties due to the extensive use of such gadgets. I believe that memory improvement is perhaps more vital today than ever before. In modern society, knowledge is power. Imagine how you would feel if you could learn and recall twenty times more information than the average person. It feels very empowering, doesn’t it? You can do this with easy memory improvement techniques.
The richest people nowadays are people who have the greatest brain power. The days are long gone when brawn ruled over brains. Do you know why so many books are released every year? Why thousands of workshops, seminars, and courses related to an infinite array of topics are conducted all across the world? It’s because there is never a lack of information. In fact, there is a lack in our brain power and memory capabilities. If you want to be able to learn much more faster and much more efficiently, here are some easy memory improvement techniques that will help you out.
Easy memory improvement technique 1: Memory Exercises
There are numerous memory improvement techniques, which can be used to memorize anything from numbers to faces to names to passwords. However, before beginning your quest for easy memory improvement, it is essential to understand that everything would be ineffective if you do not first learn how to keep your brain healthy. If you install the latest operating system in an almost 10 year old PC, it would be completely useless. It wouldn’t run as effectively. Likewise, you first need to make sure your mind is in good shape.
It’s also essential to understand that there is no secret technique or magic pill to immediately improve memory. If you want to enjoy everlasting results, then changes in your lifestyle are absolutely essential to improve your memory. Here are a few changes for easy memory improvement, which when implemented will help you achieve excellent brain power.
- Never use a grocery list if there are less than 20 items.
- If someone quotes his or her phone number, then instead of using your cell phone directly to save the number, remember it first by memory, then record it later on in the day.
- Never write down a to-do list. Try to memorize it in your mind.
Easy memory improvement technique 2: Nutrition
Pay attention to your diet. Try to include brain-healthy foods in your everyday diet. The foods you consume have a significant effect on each function of your body, including your brain. Keep in mind that a well-balanced diet will help your brain function more effectively. Try to include fresh fruits and leafy vegetables in your diet.
Easy memory improvement technique 3: Brain Exercises
Do you know what the difference is between brain exercises and memory exercises? Brain exercises help keep the brain and all its areas related to memory active. It is well known that mental health is always important for the efficient functioning of your body. Various brain exercises help you make your brain run more effectively.
- Break your routines. This is an easy brain exercise for memory improvement. Try a really easy task to perform among your daily activities by switching your primary hand for the less active one. For example, dial a number or brush your teeth with your non-dominant hand. This exercise is simple and interesting, but you need to remember to concentrate. This will help you improve memory by strengthening the neural connections and cognitive pathways along the opposite side of your brain.
- Try playing different games that will help you strategize, like sudoku, jigsaw puzzles, and crosswords.
- Don’t become too repetitive. Try to do something out of your ordinary routine.
All above mentioned easy memory improvement techniques will increase your raw brain power, and will introduce pleasant novelties into your life with the advantage of improved memory capabilities.